Southern Community Laboratories Hawkes Bay is an IANZ accredited medical diagnostic laboratory providing a range of pathology services to the people of Hawkes Bay. The company began as a small private pathology service in Dunedin in the 1960s, and has expanded over the years to become part of New Zealand’s largest network of medical laboratories. Our Hawkes Bay laboratory has been serving the local community since 1997.
As part of the APHG group, along with our sister companies Northland Pathology, Labtests, Taranaki Pathology, Wellington SCL, Canterbury SCL, Medlab South and Gribbles Scientific, we provide pathology services to 13 District Health Boards across NZ.
We are contracted by Hawkes Bay District Health Board to provide community pathology services to the region, and we work in collaboration with Hasting Hospital Laboratory. We are proud of the positive impact our services have on the wellbeing of our community, every single day.
In addition to laboratory testing, we provide:
- A network of 5 Collection Centres
- A sample courier network
- Home visit services
- Paternity testing and Illumiscreen pre-natal testing
- Drug testing
Commercial services are also available for non-DHB funded requests.
We are committed to the future of pathology in New Zealand through excellence in technical, clinical, and service innovations.
As a member of APHG (Asia Pacific Health Group), we operate under the following STAR values:
- We strive to provide the highest standard of health care
- We look for new opportunities/ways to improve our care and service
- We seek to understand and exceed expectations
Teamwork and Integrity
- Our workmates know they can rely on the team
- We are open and honest in all our communications with each other
- We embrace constructive feedback and recognise achievements
- We earn each others’ respect and receive it in return
- We look to the future, always ensuring that we have stable platforms from which to build
- Continuous learning and creativity are integral to our jobs and the success of our company
- We are proactive and innovative in response to new and emerging industry and community opportunities and needs
- We are accountable to our colleagues, our clients and stakeholders, our company and our shareholders
- Our decisions are made with a balanced focus on financial security and service excellence
- Services are delivered in a way that incorporates the principles of Treaty of Waitangi and acknowledges cultural diversity
People are the heart of our business; we are proud of our highly skilled and loyal workforce.
If you are interested in working with us and taking the first step into a rewarding career our latest vacancies can be found on our careers website